Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all. I need to replace my EGR cooler on my 03 duramax.(yes I live in shitty California) are they the same as any other years after mine? Other words, can I buy a 04.5 to whatever and it’ll be the same? I tried looking it up but couldn’t figure it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey y’all. I need to replace my EGR cooler on my 03 duramax.(yes I live in shitty California) are they the same as any other years after mine? Other words, can I buy a 04.5 to whatever and it’ll be the same? I tried looking it up but couldn’t figure it out. Thanks.
It is going to be specific to your engine model(LB7). Later ones will not work, 04.5 is an LLY.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
i dont think they interchange. the 4.5+ is a different engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s what I thought. Thanks. I couldn’t find an egr cooler for my year online. It kept showing for an lly. Would I be able to clean the cooler and the egr valve and be good or would it be better to change them for new ones?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts