Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was working on installing an outlet in the front of my truck box for my 5th wheel, located the harness and ran it into the box. I went through the wires to double check and the red #12 wire for the battery feed has no power on it. I went through the manual and couldn't find a fuse that relates to this wire. Anyone know where this wire is fused before I call the dealer. Thanx!

·
Registered
849 Posts
If it's like my '04 open the underhood fuse box and stand at the driver side wheel. Looking down on the fusebox in the upper left there should be a spot for stud #1. It will have a dummy fuse in it. Directly to the right in a dummy location there should be a 40 amp fuse. Switch the 40 amp with the dummy and you should have power.

If the 40 amp fuse is not in the dummy location it may be wrapped in tape with the wiring harness used for the brake controller connection.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My spare fuse on my 01' and my 07' were both taped to the trailer brake controller wiring harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts