Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Range Shift Inhibit, I changed the NSBU, it helped but still goes into coast (neutral) at low speeds, 40 mph. I coast to a stop, won't go into drive, range shift inhibit. Put in reverse and back up a few feet, clunck, it will go into drive and shift fine.

Runs fine at highway speeds, occasionally goes into coast, I shift to neutral and coast for a while, back in drive and go on. I have changed the fluid and both filters, thats when I started getting the check engine light and range shift inhibit. I think it loosened up a bit with new fluid, the mechanic also added a quart to the transfer case during fluid change.

Could it be the transfer case speed sensor?

2003 Chevy 2500HD 144,000

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have an 03 with the same miles doing the exact same thing anyone know what i can change to get rid of this problem?>????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
t-case i believe you are right

I wanted to try some simple stuff. The t-case is leaking now, it wasn't before probably to low too. It is leaking up, from what I've read this is a common problem. I bough the truck right and figued I would find some problems. I did. The not going into Drive, back up clunk, then every thing is fine, tell me it is not the transmission or a speed sensor. transfer case probably has some slop in it. soon to genade

Back to the transmission shop, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mark
03 2500HD allison 144,000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts