Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 03 lb7 has been having intermittent shift issues. Truck has been having issues for about a couple weeks now on and off. Changed out the ignition switch last week and drove fine all day the next day. Fast forward to Monday and when you shift from park to drive I get the range shift inhibited message in the dash. If I cut the key on and off 5 times and restart it it will go into drive fine. Once you start driving it will sometimes shift roughly on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts but sometimes it will be fine. Scanned for codes and the ones that came up are p0711, p0872, and p0561. I’ve changed the internal harness on the valve body, ignition switch, NSBU switch. My next move was going to be replacing the pigtail on the NSBU switch. Any other ideas on what could be causing the issues? Truck has about 210k miles on it. Trans was serviced about 2k miles ago.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The fact that it 'resets' with cycling the key off and on,, makes me tend to think the Trans Control Module.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not likely. Most limps can be cleared with key cycle.

Then what LIKELY would it be???????????? I know your the resident Allison expert around here but don't see you offering any thoughts on what this guys problem may be.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Then what LIKELY would it be???????????? I know your the resident Allison expert around here but don't see you offering any thoughts on what this guys problem may be.
I'm not a resident anything here, just a member. I try and help people from time to time. I see you took it personal when I disagreed with your diagnosis.Too bad.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,274 Posts
P0711 Tran Fluid Temp Sensor Circ Range/Perf
P0872 Trans Fluid Press Sensor/Switch C Circ Low
P0561 Sys Voltage Unstable

summation says you've got a wiring/voltage/ground issue
but I'm not a Ally Wiz.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm not a resident anything here, just a member. I try and help people from time to time. I see you took it personal when I disagreed with your diagnosis.Too bad.
No sir, my skin is much thicker than that believe me. I was just perplexed why someone with your expertise and experience would come in just to interject a nonproductive response without offering some explanation of what YOU think the issue may be. I see you now have so I'll just offer a Thank You.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts