Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ran over a kids toy today. Taught him a lesson haha and kept my truck from going back into park. Well I fixed that but my check oil level comes on momentarily at start up and went off. I checked it was full. I left dipstick out for 10 min checked again it was full. I did find some oil on my crossmember the skid plate bolts to. And started looking and noticed a small tube pointing down that had oil inside it and some of the surrounding area had oil on it too.

I got a pic on my phOne I'll upload tomorrow. Please help need to know if I can drive it. It's got oil has pressure etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Sounds like breather tube, you should be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what it looks like. From owning quads it looks just like theirs. Just the oil on the cross member it and the wires had me worried.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You may have pulled the connector off the low oil level sensor. It is in the pan, on the side.

The oil tube you mentioned, is the crankcase breather. It allows the engine to breath, and let vapor out. Ca trucks, and all truck after 04, had the closed crankcase system- PCV - positive control valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts