Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im new to the forumn. just got my first dmax through trade with some transmission problems. i have no real history of the truck or what has been done.

the truck is stock.. no tuner.. factory exhaust.. factory intake.. only thing aftermarket a few sizes larger tires.

My Main problem truck runs and starts just fine. but is stuck in first gear. It had a cracked transmission adapter to the tcase and that was replaced by the previous owner. Not sure if the trans had problems before then or not. First thing i did was flush the trans and cooler, new internal filter and external.

The biggest thing that pushes it to me that its electrical, is that theres a wire that is haggerd into a 12v power supply in in the interior fuse panel. this wire runs into the engine bay and is spliced into a pink wire that is connected under the engine bay fuse box. when you disconnect this wire from the 12v supply the trans is stuck in reverse. no matter what gear you put the trans in its stuck in reverse. i re connected the pink wire to where it is ran from the factory. after i re wired the unknown pink wire it still was stuck in first gear.

if you clear the codes. start it up. put it in drive. start driving. as your get around 20mph where it should be shifting out of first. it will shudder really bad. and go into limp mode. and wont shift out of first. this shudder feeling feels like if you are driving a manual truck and let the clutch out real quick and it slows you down real fast.. well thats what it feels like.

another thing is i have no engine temp, trans temp, oil pressure, or prndl showing up. on the scanner its reading the gears so the prndl sensor on the side of the trans is good. i did a scan on the cluster and the oil pressure and trans temp is working. but does not show any readings. they just stay on the same spot where it is when the truck is off.

i will have all the trans codes tomorrow or wednesday.

Im not very familiar with this truck.. i know a 7.3 through and through. but i just got this and i like the truck just need to get it fixed. ill drive anything and everything has their strong points. hope you guys can give me a hand and get my truck on the road. I hope i explained everything well enough. and that someone has had the same problem or something similar.

Thanks for all the help in advance:drink

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, Im having the exact same problem in mine after replacing the same part between transmission and t-case. I thought it might be the vehicle speed sensor in the T-case because I had my parkig brake and ABS lights on also. It wasnt that sensor. If you figure out whats going on please let me know. and I will do the same for you. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts