Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out of ideas of what the problem is with the truck. When you go from park into reverse it slams into gear, when you go into drive it pulls/lurches foward with moderate pressure on the brake, when its in neutral it says its in 3rd gear and none of the other gears on the PRNDL light up when in gear. It drives down the road just fine when I get it in gear but it does not want to change gears. I've already replaced the neutral safety switch and it went away for a few weeks, then this morning it came back. I took off the transmision end of the shift cable and messed with it a bit kinda testing it and put it back, that stopped the slamming and right now works a bit better but it still doesnt show display on the PRNDL. Anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix my problem?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I'm out of ideas of what the problem is with the truck. When you go from park into reverse it slams into gear, when you go into drive it pulls/lurches foward with moderate pressure on the brake, when its in neutral it says its in 3rd gear and none of the other gears on the PRNDL light up when in gear. It drives down the road just fine when I get it in gear but it does not want to change gears. I've already replaced the neutral safety switch and it went away for a few weeks, then this morning it came back. I took off the transmision end of the shift cable and messed with it a bit kinda testing it and put it back, that stopped the slamming and right now works a bit better but it still doesnt show display on the PRNDL. Anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix my problem?
You were kinda testing it? Explane the procedure you used.:taunt
What was the procedure you used when you installed the NSBU?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were kinda testing it? Explane the procedure you used.:taunt
What was the procedure you used when you installed the NSBU?
I checked on alldata and that was the most common solution for the problem I was having, because every once in a while it says Range Shift Inhibited. so I just took the old one off cleaned the connections and hooked the new one up and it worked fine for a few weeks, then all the sudden it just started up again. I got it to go again today by taking off the cable off from the NSBU and used a wrench to turn the metal tab that selects the gear in the transmission(figured maybe it was corroded inside or something). I hooked it back up and started the truck and it went through all the gears at least but it still has problems with telling you what gear its in. I think maybe it'll last through the weekend and its gonna start giving me serious problems again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts