Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem started recently and we have done a lot to try and fix it new fuel filter, lift pump, ppe race plug, injector 2 and 7 wiring, cleaned the egr. Still having the problem it drives fine tell you get into it and then it’s like the rpms hit a wall and they stay there and it blows black smoke. I am out of ideas I need help.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Any codes what is fuel rail pressure. What kind of air filter?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
You checked for boost leaks at what RPM does it happen can you see any data on the truck. Data would make this a lot easier. Just a guess without it.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
You checked for boost leaks at what RPM does it happen can you see any data on the truck. Data would make this a lot easier. Just a guess without it.
Check the boost tubes at the intercooler, EGR oil collects in the low spats and lubes um up so the start moving and leaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to put it to a scanner and see if leaks boost at any rpm. I will get back with the result soon.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
How about turbine vane position? Possibly the turbo vane position sensor or the vanes are sticking.

Reactions: ChevyTech77
1 - 8 of 8 Posts