Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 with dual zone AC puts out warm air on the passenger side, even when set to the lowest setting. Drivers side seems OK, not as cold as I'd like it, but a LOT better than the passenger side. Any suggestions other than the dealer ?

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
Wow the only thing I could see it being is the heater control cluster. If you turn the passenger side on hot does it get hotter or just stay a steady temp?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to check it out - we don't "normally" do hotter down here. I wouldn't even be against just blocking off the heater core, if that's possible.

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
:rof I just ment if the controler works as in if it makes it "hot" when you turn up the temperature.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my OLD GMC motorhome I put a hand valve under the hood to just shut off the heater. Can I do this on the DM ? Any guidance on where to put the valve ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
i had this same problem....do you have the auto/digital feature? What i had to do with mine was set the drivers side to 90 and pass to 60 press auto then turn off. wait a few seconds turn on, and reverse...drivers to 60 and pass to 60 auto then turn off for a few seconds. That let my pass side blow cold again. Only thing is it blows cold...but not super cold...any ideas on how to get it to do that. my low end is reading 50-60 psi.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up just clamping off the heater hose - REAL cold air then. Don't need a heater much down in S.E. Texas

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have this same problem with my 06 lly. except my driver's side blows hot and pass. side works fine. I do have the auto button, so I'll have to try that. Here in CA we have 4 seasons, so I need the heater as much as I need the AC!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
yea i am right there with ya...Northwest indiana and we get all the seasons too! what i did above did the trick for me...let me know how it works!

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea i am right there with ya...Northwest indiana and we get all the seasons too! what i did above did the trick for me...let me know how it works!
Well, I just tried what you did...and no go. I've had this problem for a couple months now, might have to take it in before it gets too hot here! Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
i hear ya... as silly as it sounds...try it in reverse...pass 90 and drivers 60 etc...since mine was the pass side not working. just a thought, other than that my knowledge is out ha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
just had that problem on my 06 only drivers side was hot hot and the passanger was normal cold and i took it in to the chevrolet dealership and it turned out to be a actuater replaced it and works fine now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
actuator

I concurrrrrr, dealer just told me the same. They said it was very common. With new actuator some electronics have to be reset. I saw somewhere elseon the blog someone was giving directions on how to do it yourself if you replace the actuator on your own.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
My 04 with dual zone AC puts out warm air on the passenger side, even when set to the lowest setting. Drivers side seems OK, not as cold as I'd like it, but a LOT better than the passenger side. Any suggestions other than the dealer ?
you have an actuator that is OUT/on the way out!There are 4 of them,you'll have to diagnose which is bad ...What side is out?If the pass side is hot then that's the one that's most likely the culprit.[AND I OUGHTA MAKE THIS A STICKY,cause I answer this question every week!:eek:]
One is ABOVE the driver's feet,one is ON TOP tranny hump,pass side!!.One is BEHIND the glove box.AND lastly the bitch of em all....AnD the one that went OUT ON ME and I changed it.UNDER the dash skin,very near the front windshield,you WILL HAVE to remove the dash to change it,and it helps to have a 1/4 ratchet and some small sockets [holds actuator down with two 5 or 6 mm screws]....I lucked out and got one for 40 bucks from a tech I know.He changed four at a customer's request,and knowing the price held onto the ones that were good...And I was able to talk him into selling me one...IMHO the actuators are over 200 new..

·
Registered
98 Posts
bump...this heater is killing me in texas...

Do i have to take the whole dash apart, or just the part under the steering wheel? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Mine blows hot both sides sometimes. Turn the key off for a while and works great again.:confused::rant:WTF Probs like this ruins my mileage. (wonder why I traded my ford....get reminded when i floor the hell out of it):neener

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya hell, I'm STILL fighting the problem ! How do you check out the actuators to prove it is them and not the controls - or do you just throw a BIG chunk of change at the Bow-Tie place and say "fix it"? My experience has been that it usually isn't fixed though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.