Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Sierra 3500 that smokes at idle, a problem I have been chasing for some time now. In the last two yeas I have installed new turbo, new injectors, fuel filter housing. I do a regular oil change, air filter and fuel filter twice a year regardless how much I drive it and it smokes a lot at idle. But it’s not consistent, sometimes it’s smokes a lot and sometimes it’s just a thin haze. I don’t have a muffler or cat on the truck, not sure if that plays any part in this. Anybody have any thoughts on what’s going on??

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Who's injectors did you use? Does it have alot of blow by?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 04 Sierra 3500 that smokes at idle, a problem I have been chasing for some time now. In the last two yeas I have installed new turbo, new injectors, fuel filter housing. I do a regular oil change, air filter and fuel filter twice a year regardless how much I drive it and it smokes a lot at idle. But it’s not consistent, sometimes it’s smokes a lot and sometimes it’s just a thin haze. I don’t have a muffler or cat on the truck, not sure if that plays any part in this. Anybody have any thoughts on what’s going on??
Don’t remember the brand of injectors and no signs of blow by. Once I start moving it clears itself out and runs clear. The truck runs perfect, no symptoms of anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts