Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month ago, my truck started to have transmission issues. The main symptom are ranger selector is missing, whenever I shift into rev or drive it shifts extremely hard, it’s stuck in limp mode, and the check engine light is on. Whenever I do have it in drive it takes a little bit to actually get the truck going. I know nothing mechanically is wrong with the transmission. I have replaced the NSBU and TCM. And nothing had gotten better. My next step is either the shift linkage or pressure valve ??

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Most likely the wiring harness from the transmission to the TCM. Possible it's the TCM itself, but most likely NOT. There is another post today about this with a Youtube video. Good advice.

·
Registered
778 Posts
So about a month ago, my truck started to have transmission issues. The main symptom are ranger selector is missing, whenever I shift into rev or drive it shifts extremely hard, it’s stuck in limp mode, and the check engine light is on. Whenever I do have it in drive it takes a little bit to actually get the truck going. I know nothing mechanically is wrong with the transmission. I have replaced the NSBU and TCM. And nothing had gotten better. My next step is either the shift linkage or pressure valve ??
Did you resole this issue. It takes a while for the new TCM to learn all over again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts