Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a question about a '04 lb7 im looking to buy. the dealer is askin 15,500 but the mileage is unknown. also, a rollover code has been sent. i guess those are the main problems with it. anyone have any idea if anything can trigger a rollover code other than the truck actually being flipped? not really looking to buy one thats been wrecked but carfax doesn't say anything about it and i can't find any frame damage. thanks for your help

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd be pretty leary of buying at that price without knowing anything of it's history. if it's a GM dealer ask them to see the GM Global Connect report to see it's dealer maintenance history and try to guestimate it's mileage and get some info from that. if you can't get that, low ball them on the price and roll the dice if it's a good lookin truck and you really want to risk it.
Oh yeah, since you have carfax available, look for it being sold at auction ever. That may indicate a salvage title. not saying that auction = salvage, but it's something to look for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts