Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 different issues that I don't think are related. I traced a fuel leak(loosing prime) or long cranks to start. Found the steel line after the flex wet. but of coarse These lines are only sold as a truck fuel line set. I power washed the undercarrage b4 working and now the truck cranks and starts on the run position and the starter disengages as soon as it starts. I out it into gear and it stalled 2 sec latter, Now it wont start at all,just cranks. I did drain out the fuel to about 1/4 tank. I cant see the fuel issue having anything to do with the on position cranking. I disconnected the remote start without luck on the key position, could a relay be shorting due to the water from the cleaning. I took a air gun out and blew out the fusebox , relay area

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The NSBU switch is attached to the left side of the trans-- if it gets water inside, it can cause all kinds of problems. Common problem- with 5 speed trans. (May show Shift Range Inhibited)

I suggest you replace the switch and check the fuses- Buy from Allison or auto parts (dealer $$)- the short could have blown a fuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts