Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my 04 extended cab lly about 2 weeks ago. i want to buy an exhaust. Im looking at a cat back 5in mbrp with muffler deleate. My ? is would this be a good choice. My buddy removed his cat on his 05 and ended up having a headake. I want power an sound an trying to spend under $400 if possiable :help:help

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree with kyle thats about the only time you will see some power and sound will be a lot better with the cat off also

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if i do a turbo back will i have any check engine problems?

·
Registered
405 Posts
it just depend some people do and some people dont if your lookin to get a programmer go with efi or ppe and you will not get that code

·
Registered
915 Posts
so if i do a turbo back will i have any check engine problems?
seeing as you have a lly you should have no problems at all. Mine throws a exhaust code every now and then but it never turns on the CEL

·
Registered
197 Posts
Get in touch with some vendors here on this site. I had a completely stock system and I got a great deal on a front pipe back 5" mbrp aluminized system with a 6" black tip. My cat and muffler fell off somehow and the kit bolted on perfectly in my driveway. I have never had any kind of code after doing this and all my other mods including the egr blocker plate. I am very happy with my mbrp every day...it makes me smile!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh and by the way, we had a very sloppy winter this year and my aluminized system still looks brand new. My buddy had a full SS 4" system put on his truck at close to the same time and it is coated with surface rust already. I had a very expensive SS exhaust on my last diesel and I just could not spend the extra money this time as the aluminzed will last long much longer than I plan on having the truck.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
with an 04 you should NOT see any codes..but even if the CEL appears you wont have any running problems or anything
and to jeff
my front pipe is rusted it only took 7 months...and mine is SS

·
Registered
38 Posts
just got rid of my cat, added the inlet and having light issues as we speak, most guys dont. just have no luck i guess

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
have a full mbrp exhaust and has never seen a cel ever

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok cuz for inspection in my state the light cannot be on so it sound like im gonna do a down pipe back 5in system MBRP the only ? now is should i do a muffler or straight pipe it

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
mufflers i heard on the 5" exhausts really arent restictive..i have one on mine..i havent got the muffler delete and idk if i ever will

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Deep well socket and a few extensions through the fender well should get the downpipe clamp off. You might have to bend the fender liner some, but it won't break.

As for s10, gimme a shout and I can walk you through some options with the exhaust. We've got kits to fit any budget, so I can get you all set up if you'd like :)

-Jesse

·
Registered
322 Posts
Duramax LLY Emissions
This site explains why some LLY'S throw codes and why others don't. Check it out, it helped me a lot.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Deep well socket and a few extensions through the fender well should get the downpipe clamp off. You might have to bend the fender liner some, but it won't break.

As for s10, gimme a shout and I can walk you through some options with the exhaust. We've got kits to fit any budget, so I can get you all set up if you'd like :)

-Jesse
it was just stuck I got it but Check this out guys apprently in 2001 no DURAMAX DIESEL HAD AN EFFING catalytic converter I looked at an 03 ( step dads truck ) and got it mixed up with mine so I ordered A cat delete pipe I just got that damn pipe out and figured out theres NO fuckING CAT ON IT:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts