Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm still slowly trying to learn everthing about my Duramax that I bought back in April. I was scrolling through the DIC via my steering wheel controls, and saw that there was a option for a high idle. Since I bought my truck used, someone before me decided they wanted the owners manual worse than I did, so... I havent been able to read up on this.

Just kinda curious how this works, and the steps to make it work/operate it. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Kyle

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
If you turn on high idle, it sets the truck at a certain RPM, say 900-1300 for cold winter start ups. Helps the truck get up to running temps.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It will only be activated when the temperature is below 0*. All you have to do is turn it on in the DIC

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks guys! I was curious on that. My girlfriends brother's boss had a duramax in his tow truck, and he said to turn his on in it you had to activate it by holding the cruise control on/off button on and pressing the gas pedal 2 times or something....glad these are as easy as turning it on.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just leave mine on all the time. It idles up when my mirror temp is at 36 or 37 degrees F.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts