Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum.

I have a 2005 Chevy 3500 Duramax diesel 4door long bed with Allison and two piece driveshaft. The past seventy thousand miles or so I have had a Driveline vibration that has progressively gotten worse. I have went through three sets of U joint Replacements in the past 70,000 miles, and the last was 10000 miles ago along with a new hanger bearing. I am still getting a bad what feels like U-joint vibration from takeoff up until about 35 miles an hour under acceleration with a trailer. The heavier it's loaded, the worse it is. At this point I am not sure what to try next, some people tell me I have an axle wrapping issue, some people tell me it is a bushing inside of the transfer case is causing a vibration. What do I do from here? The pickup has been hooked to a trailer 90% of its lifespan, and has about 190k on the clock currently. Would appreciate any insight I can get!

Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
Check if the drive shaft is bent or out of balance. A local Fleetpride shop rebalanced mine while I waited after I put in all new u joints.

Reactions: Diesefume1
1 - 2 of 2 Posts