Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 C4500 service truck has had the cylinder replaced and for some reason I don't have accessory. After having a $35 key cut just to unlock the doors, I don't care to spend the $$$ for another cylinder and rekey just to run my radio on a repair call. Thinking I could rung a switched hot to my radio, I pulled it and found it has constant 12V in with another orange wire with ~.4V and jumps to ~1 - 3V then back down to ~.4V upon key turn. Is this an anti theft signal wire? Can it be fooled with a jumper some way?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
the 05 2500 and 3500 dont have accessory to the radio, its a data wire, the 4500 is probably the same way. when they replaced the cylinder did they put the switch back on right? its possible its a tooth out of place and is not getting accessory power. but no, you cant run a switch to the radio unless you were to put in an aftermarket radio.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
When you guys put in an aftermarket stereo where would you hook the 12v switched wire to ? Does a wire need to be run to a switched accessory somewhere ?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Buy the correct harness for your aftermarket radio and install per instructions.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
When you guys put in an aftermarket stereo where would you hook the 12v switched wire to ? Does a wire need to be run to a switched accessory somewhere ?

Buy the correct harness for your aftermarket radio and install per instructions.
^^^ best answer

or orange at the steering column with a 5-10 amp fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts