Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what leveling kit should i get for my truck? just want to crank up the front a little bit, not a big fan of the raked look. i plan on running 285's with the new keys and bars cranked a little if i have to. not sure what one is the best or if they are all the same? heard the truxx and ready lift are good? also what is the special took i need to do this. anyone have pictures of the install? thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cognito is going to be your best choice, but if you don't want to fork out that much money readylift makes a good kit....I liked my readylift and never had a complaint about the ride

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what i was thinking. the cognito lift is too expensive, i could buy a 6 inch rcd for that from a local dealer but dont want my truck to sit any higher. where is the best price for a ready lift?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check around online and hit any truck accessories/suspension shop around you and get some prices from them, if they are all around the same price try and get one of them to come down a bit to get your business. When I got mine put on I paid around $275 cause I got the guy to cut labor in half...but he was more than willing cause they were a new shop at the time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright ill have to do that. what tool do i need and where could i buy it at? also what length shocks should i get?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Truxx Sucks

Do not buy Truxx they are the worst ones out there. the rear 1" block is thin 2"x3" tubing welded to 1/8" plates for a top and bottom plates I had then on 2001 2500hd with a diesel and rear air bags to handle the payload. I CRUSHED the lift blocks and once they crushed the (cheap U-bolts they supplied bent and the rear axle pushed back. This then trashed my carrier bearing. Talked with the owner of Truxx and he said its because there was to much power and the truck crushed them. I was promised a REFUND 3 month ago and still nothing. Truxx is over priced cheap sh-t, do not buy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think im set on the cognito kit. anyone have this kit? post pics? im gonna keep my stock rims, they are black and im gonna get some 285's i think

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cognito is a very expensive kit...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for the cognito leveling kit with the new uca's its 450 on the norcal site i believe

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i agree. i don't tow anything heavy and dont race around all the time. i just want my truck to sit level. im gonna get the cognito uca's with the bilstiens and call it good. do i need rear blocks if i get the cognito kit?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
right on, i wasnt sure. im gonna order up the cog uca kit with some shocks and get some new tires too

·
Registered
181 Posts
right on, i wasnt sure. im gonna order up the cog uca kit with some shocks and get some new tires too
Taking my 2005 CCSB to the shop tomorrow to get the stage4 cognito installed. I'll send you a picture afterwards. Doesn't change the stance of the truck with the torsion bars cranked- fixes the problem of premature wear and fixes the ride if not better (we'll see tomorrow). You won't be putting on anything more than 285/75R/16. If you want to save a little money get the basic kit and get the shock extenders which should save you a few bucks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks man, ill be checking back tomorrow to see the pics! yeah i was thinking about the BFG A/T or the Nitto Trail Grappler in 285/75/16. im going to get the new bilstiens, my stock shocks have 80,000 on them anyway haha

·
Registered
181 Posts
take a look at the bfgood M/T km2, a little more agressive treads and seem to run as well when siped as the A/Ts and not a whole lot more in price. 80,000 miles on the shocks shouldn't be much of an issue but the bilstiens sure do look nice out of the box

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
where have you guys found the cheapest place that sells bilstiens?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how much did it set you back for all 4?

·
Registered
181 Posts
shop is to busy, all I can send you at this point is a photo of my truck and all the parts next to it- you can use your imagination from there? i'll keep you up to date

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.