Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty guys I am looking for inputs on a sound system for my truck it’s a crew cab Silverado it has a boss audio head unit and only 2 door speakers don’t know the brand but not stock I’m wanting to replace with all new speakers and pillar tweeters something that sounds good and I can crank up loud with out major distortion I will be adding 2 12 inch subs behind the seat and thinking of doing 2 10s under the seat but not set on that just yet I’m not new to sound system just don’t know what’s good right now best bang for my buck I don’t need high end just pretty decent I had nice sound system in a Camaro a few years back it was all alpine loved it but blew my door speakers and same for when I went full pioneer in my wife’s truck

·
Registered
2007 Silverado CCSB 4X4 LBZ 6sp
155 Posts
I would not do a full single brand audio system there’s not one company that makes awesome everything. I would be looking at like a kenwood or pioneer head unit then some hertz (well most things that electrical media offers parent company to hertz) or germain meisteo. Amps all depends on what you want to spend. That’s if your buying all new gear. If you wanted to do old classic stuff then that’s a different story.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would not do a full single brand audio system there’s not one company that makes awesome everything. I would be looking at like a kenwood or pioneer head unit then some hertz (well most things that electrical media offers parent company to hertz) or germain meisteo. Amps all depends on what you want to spend. That’s if your buying all new gear. If you wanted to do old classic stuff then that’s a different story.
Id like to keep my head unit is a nice double din with back up camera and gps. This is my issue I don’t know what speakers work best and how to match stuff up I can install pretty much all of it I don’t know the difference between 2 way and 3 way speakers etc I’d like to start by just replacing my door speakers and my tweeters in my pillars what do you recommend? I’ll worry about the subs after I get these taken care of

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Check out CDT audio, they make really good sounding speakers at a good price.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I did rockford fosgate 6.5 components in the front doors with secondary tweeters cut in next to the door lock. Those were tied in to a 400.4 with 6.5s in the rear doors (I had 03 ECSB). Dual 10s on 800 mono under the rear bench. Pioneer 3200bt (this was quite a few years ago at this point but it was crystal clear and didn't get muddy when loud)

·
Registered
2007 Silverado CCSB 4X4 LBZ 6sp
155 Posts
As far as what speakers that’s a very opinionated question. Personally I like germina meistro components (stay away from 3 way coaxial speakers) only do a 3 way if you doing a full active 3 way set up. The germain meistro are like the old
School m. Quarts. Currently I’m runnnh some
Old Memphis mclass msq 6 1/2 components with silk dome tweeters and a cross over network. I have a pioneer DD for backup camera and dvd and iPhone. I also have a clarion dxz835 for my sound quality source. But I also like most of the speaker hertz or audison offers. You also can’t go wrong with some Memphis power reference speakers. Message me but I have some inventory or speakers and what not that I have been collecting over the years a most of them are brand new in OG box. But you also need to make
Sure they are installed correctly with sound deadener in the doors. Also plan on tuning a few amps
One for mids and highs and
Other for bass. Or one massive 5or6 channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts