Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so i have an 05 lly with 116,00 miles on it. The other day i let it warm up and when i came outside, it was puking coolant out of the overflow. so i shut the truck off and popped the hood. the motor wasn't even warm yet. it was idling for like 8 minutes and it was a pretty cold day out. so i let it sit for 15 minutes and went to open the cap on the overflow, and a geyser of coolant shot out! thank goodness the coolant was still cold. so is this a sure sign that i need to do head gaskets on the truck? or is there something i am missing that could cause this problem? let me know what you think, thanks

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Drive it until it's completely warmed up, then park it overnight and check upper radiator hose firmness...then report back.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I filled it back up with coolent and took it for a drive and got it up to temp. Before I even got it up to 210, it said I had low Coolent and I noticed a white haze to the exhaust. It didn't overheat and I drove it are for about 15 minutes with it up to temp. It isn't puking out of the overflow like before, I'm gonna let it sit and check the upper radiator hose later.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I bought the truck with the intention of having to change the head gaskets anyways so no surprise haha, thanks everyone for you help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts