Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 05 chevy duramax ..have had for 2 years now has ran great just started to sputer and hesitate when i flore it now ..i run the edge and preditor chips.egr block plate fule presure shims cold air intake and turbow back stright pipe........need help has ran fine till now never had any problems thankyou my email [email protected]

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
It could be a number of things, most likely is the fuel filter, running the two chips stacked? IF you are those to together run huge amounts of timing, and can do some weired stuff in the cold. Edge boxes have also been know to do things like that when they go bad, matbe try unpluging it and running it. Make sure to unplug it and not just turn it back to stock seting because it still changes a few things even in stock setting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
sputtering

i also have an 05 lly....with the edge box and attitude monitor...last friday night i was cruising down the highway and gradually laid into the throttle and it felt like my tranny was spuutering it wasn't the usaul feeling my edge has caused in the past.. went to the dealership saturday and they thought maybe it was the clutch pack in 5th gear...i the edge on 3 wasnt driving it very hard at all....i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem:mad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you folks race your trucks or are you using them for daily drivers?
I haven't modified my truck at all and I pass people on hills while pulling a 14,000 lb load behind my truck.
BWAHAHAHA:gearjamin :rockin

·
Registered
16 Posts
no racing here.....i guess you could call it a daily driver if you consider 22,000lbs of anyhdrous amonia behind it in the spring in the fall.....it gets used a little to hard at times......not that it should be acting up...i had a little more confidence in the allison....but things lilke that happen i guess:fart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts