Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
referenced the site for quite some time and figured it was time to contribute to it. My trucks a 05 LLY 2500 HD Currently siting on a 8inch fabtech with a set of my very own self designed set of 24x14 American forces on 38inch Nittos, Full EFI Live and other minor mods. Thanks to the #Dreamwheels contest! shout out to the whole American force crew.

Truck was bone stock when I purchased it with 26k miles single owner. Had plans to sell to get a Tahoe and throw a duramax in it. But after designing my own wheel I cant sell so im on a mission to make it bullet proof and get away from the IFS and do a SAS.

Currently sits:

Little video we did of the trip to miami to design the wheels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pa4RCPdjc

This build will be a complete Dana 60 front with Kingcoils using a custom kit designed specifically for the classic body styles created by Fountian Fabrications.

Just picked up the axle last night going to start by going through it head to toe and figure out a color scheme to go with. The axles out of a 06 F350 dully with 46k miles on it.

Reactions: dmaxuser

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice! can't wait to see if finished

·
Registered
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ 4x4
502 Posts
Look forward to the build, don't see too many SAS's in our trucks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
sub'd sweet wheels man!

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Dude that is beautiful, I looove the wheels! That's pretty awesome you won that contest, I'll definitely be following the build

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Very cool!
Isn't the lug pattern different on that axle?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very cool!
Isn't the lug pattern different on that axle?
Yeah it'll be 8x170mm instead of 8x6.5, I'm assuming he'll just run some adapters.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Them wheels are awesome can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
There are companies out there that do hub conversion to 8x6.5 because there ate a bajillion wheel options for that bolt pattern.

I don't know anything about ford axles but aren't you going to have to change the hubs anyway because its a dually axle

I run wheel spacers too but I wouldn't want to on that big and wide of a wheel tire combo

·
Registered
213 Posts
Think I saw the picture of your dana on IG a couple days ago. those wheels are SICK!

sub'd by the way. I plan to SFA mine and I'm looking for a good budget build on a 4 link setup.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are companies out there that do hub conversion to 8x6.5 because there ate a bajillion wheel options for that bolt pattern.

I don't know anything about ford axles but aren't you going to have to change the hubs anyway because its a dually axle

I run wheel spacers too but I wouldn't want to on that big and wide of a wheel tire combo
I would like to know. talked to a buddy of mine who's a ford diesel mechanic, and according to him all I have to do is take off the dually adapters and if the studs end up to long then I can just make a spacer sense I work at a machine shop.

But I'm still learning and weighing my options.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You can swap ford dually hubs for reg ford hobs all day long but it would definitely be nice if yp could run the old style Chevy huge with the correct pattern. Have you checked any off road forums?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can swap ford dually hubs for reg ford hobs all day long but it would definitely be nice if yp could run the old style Chevy huge with the correct pattern. Have you checked any off road forums?
Yea Iv been searching a little while I work on it. If I don't have to swap then there's no need because the hubs on it are good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Set aside a little time to work on the axle this afternoon. Took off the dually adapters so I can get them listed and sold. Cant decide if I'm going to sell the rotors or try and have them turned. As far as I know they're the same as the singles but I"m still trying to learn all this ford stuff....

Still pricing out parts and trying to get everything together. If anyone knows a good resource let me know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice man!! I haven't been on here in a while and just came across your post I'm almost finished with mine I'm running the 05 ford Dana 60 as well and my my truck is even silver birch and a lly this was last. I'm doing all the work myself. Heres a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice man!! I haven't been on here in a while and just came across your post I'm almost finished with mine I'm running the 05 ford Dana 60 as well and my my truck is even silver birch and a lly this was last. I'm doing all the work myself. Heres a few pics:
Awesome! looks solid. we plan to start cutting here in a few weeks and should only take a week or so granted all the parts stay on time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
***UPDATE

Sorry its been awhile. Been a slow process waiting on custom kings and being busy with work.

Went through and checked everything on my incredibly old worn out 06 front 60 with 23k miles on it..... turned out i just wasted 80$ worth of gear oil but better safe then sorry. Had to cut off a few OEM bracket then painted her up.

Finally got the Kings! Going to pull the springs off when we start cutting for custom powder coat.

going to try and keep current on this thread but I tend to just post stuff on instagram and forget.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts