Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a few weeks ago I was out playin in some mud/water I got stuck. I was in 4wd but upon trying to get out my service 4wd light came on and my truck wouldn't come out of 4hi. Once my truck was out I saw my right front axle was broken and the bolts only left front axle were broken. Long story short I fixed both axles but my truck is still stuck in 4wd hi. The 4wd works fine, I drove it home in the middle of a snow storm with no issues. My issue is that the front diff actuator won't disengage. I've replaced the actuator and the switch on the dash but still won't come out of 4wd. Also while in nuetral I can't here the selector switch on the t case trying to change to 2wheel. My question is, is there a 4wd PCM anywhere? Fyi when I was stuck the water was at the top of my wheel wells lol.

Any info is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ 4x4
502 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question, but did you try shifting out of 4wd while moving slowly? Mine got stuck in 4lo and I had to be moving really slow to get it back in to 2wd.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried while driving because I've been trying to switch it while in nuetral and nothing even lights up when I press the 2wd switch. I mean the 4hi button light is on but it's like electrically nothing is happening. Seems like there's no signal going to the t case. And yes I did check the fuses and the connections at the transfer case

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
check the plug and harness on the transfer case, unplug, inspect the pins and plug in again. Also, try a slow crawl and switch to 2wd, reverse as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts