Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a dmax last month and i want to do a few upgrades.i have just installled a AEM workhorse intake system,and just ordered a MBRP 4" catback system.I am eventually going to add a programmer,either a hypertech or a powerpup and possiblly a module. my first question is if i do get a module do i really need to get a egt monitor because i really am not going to be driving hard i really want the upgrades for better fuel economy for normal driving and towing my boat basicallly on flat land. And i am interested in leveling my truck a little by cranking the torsion bars if it is safe.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yes, it is worth it to get egt monitor...that way you know how hot you are running. You would be surprised on how quick they rise. Everyone starts out their upgrades for "better fuel economy," but it gets to be an addiction after a while. As far as programmers, I would go with a Predator...it has quite a few nice features and can read injector balance rates along with a lot of engine data. I had a powerpup before I got the predator....I like the predator better than the powerpup. There seems to be less timing rattle and for the data reading stuff it is great. I bought the powerpup before I read much on the predator. As far as cranking the torsion bars, yes it is safe....just don't go too far. You will probably have to get your alignment checked after you crank them. Depending on how much you crank them, will depend on if you need to get longer shocks or shock spacers. Also, remember, your front end components will wear a little faster with the torsions cranked, but stuff wears out either way...the truck might as well look like a truck though.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i agree with dieselnut and ob_jr on the programmer or better yet do the ppe so when you want lots more horse just upgrade the ppe economy excellerator to the ppe hot et 2 and have all the extra hp you could want:tease and yes i also think you should do the egt gauge along with a boost gauge.with the T/bars cranked it looks better and you won't hurt nothing but keep the front about a inch lower then the back,i raised my front on my 06 2500HD GMC never had to do a alignment on and have 55k mile on her this last year with never a problem on tire wear other then the back ones never last very long :fart :drink ,allthough it wouldn't be a bad idea to do the alignment..also with the ppe programmers i gained an average of 3 mpg on both of my trucks..good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.