Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
More than what?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Is your truck running hot? Fan clutch running all the time?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
waterpump 05 Duramax

Thanks for the reply. I was told by a wantabe mech. that I had to be careful and make sure I got the correct waterpump. I figured if you went through a dealer with the vin# they would prob. get the correct one. He told me that there were a couple of different ones. Anyway....thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you are changing it, be ready for a chore. It's not a small block chevy. Not terribly difficult, but it IS time consuming. With the right tools, you are looking at 3 - 4 hours easy.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
As much as I had the dealers, I would buy a waterpump from the dealer, or gmpartsdirect.com.....as long as it's original equipment....stay away from other auto parts stores unless you want to be experienced on changing out water pumps...

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I need to know if there are more than water pump available for an HD2500 4x4 duramaz

how many miles on your truck? If you are under 5yrs/100,000 miles it is covered by the engine warranty. You only have to pay $100 deductable and let the dealer deal with it. After they change it, it is good for 12 months/12,000 miles...

Ask me how I know???

I have had 3 waterpumps changed on my truck...only cost me the first $100....although I did have to fight with them a little on the last one, but it is covered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply. The truck is well over 100,000. Went with dealer pump. Lots of little crap to disassemble and put back

1 - 13 of 13 Posts