Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I looked for another tread with the same issue but was unable to find one so here we go.....

I have a 2006 LLY stock duramax allison 6-speed with a bully dog programmer and outlook monitor. I've had the truck since new placed a programmer on it at 17k and it now has 47k on it. The truck has NEVER been in limp mode.

The issue I'm currently finding is that when the converter is locked up in 5th or 6th gear in the extreme setting only. If you crowd the converter it has a little bit of shutter/shake before it downshifts. I thought maybe I have hurt the converter but wanted some additional feedback.

I don't have the budget for a full trans right now so I was looking at a precision converter, transgo jr. kit and turning up the line pressure. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on how to modify the pump or am I wasting money completely?

Thanks for you time!!

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
There is a thread about this already, pretty much comes to conclusion that it is a waste of money. I think it was trango jr and converter, check it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks for the info.

I guess I'm missed asking part of my question. Is it common to have never seen limp mode but yet I notice a shutter issue? Is that because the clutch's are not slipping but the converter is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I guess I'm missed asking part of my question. Is it common to have never seen limp mode but yet I notice a shutter issue? Is that because the clutch's are not slipping but the converter is?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts

Mine used to shutter during the 5 gear change but quite awhile ago, if the converter really has issues you will expirence coverter push. Which is when the truck tries to keep goin when you are tryin to stop, this is bc the converter dosen't unlock properly. And you can damage your converter with no limp, mine is hurtin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.