Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ever since I got this truck a month ago, I have been scratching my head about my fuel tank size..... when I bought it it was empty. light on and it took 20 gallons to fill up... ever since its the same.... I took a 400 mile trip to Disneyland this week and sure enough, when it was empty I filled it up........ light on and computer saying I had 35 mile range..... took 20.9 gallons to fill up....... my odometer read 345 miles and the computer said I used 20.3 gallons..... I hand calculated 16.5 miles per gallon.... spot on to the computer average. I drove most of the way in cruise set at 78mph....... so is it possible to have a 23-24 gallon tank...... :confused: after numerous empty re-fills it never takes more than 21 gallons to fill it up......

·
Registered
877 Posts
yeah the lb7's its no problem to put in 24gal most i can put in mine is bout 20.

·
USMC
795 Posts
I have the same deal on my 06. It has a large reserve.

·
What are you lookin at?
131 Posts
Same with mine...21 is the most I have ever stuffed into it.....

·
Registered
987 Posts
yeah i dont ever get more than 20 in mine!

·
Registered
56 Posts
34 gal.lbcc tho

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I got a 34, and have at most put 31 in...

·
USMC
795 Posts
Run it till it dies. then let my know how much fuel it takes to fill it. and how hard it was to bleed the system. You could make a DIY thread on this. Think about others before yourself.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I've put 24 in mine before... I usually hit the trip when the low fuel light comes on and finally fill up when it gets to about 40, sometimes 60

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks guys..... I guess I have a 3 or so gallon reserve........ glad to know its normal...... I just hate hitting the filler station so quick...LOL

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Run it till it dies. then let my know how much fuel it takes to fill it. and how hard it was to bleed the system. You could make a DIY thread on this. Think about others before yourself.
Huh?????????????

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Acutally it turns on when the ECM gets a voltage reading of 2.502 from the fuel level sensor to get technical.

·
Registered
566 Posts
mines an lly but its 26 in the shortbeds. the most i've put in mine was 23. that was runnin on empty a little while. i actually like the empty comin on so soon cause its nice knowin i still got 4 to 6 gallons left

1 - 20 of 23 Posts