Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have an 06 crew cab long bed non-4x4 that I am considering converting to 4x4. Why you ask... Well because the truck is still in beautiful condition 160,000 mile on it and still run like it did when I bought it. I find myself considering the conversion because I want 4 wheel drive but I don't want to spend over $60,000 on a new truck. I know I can find all of the parts necessary but I'm looking for a bit of guidance. First Ill ask, has anyone done this or know anyone who has?

I know this sounds crazy but I really don't want to buy a new truck when I have a great one already.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m sure there’s some info out there. Gotta find out first and foremost if the frame is factory 4wd compatible. If not maybe a SAS would be an option. Google is a helpful tool

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, looking at buying a 2007 2x4 and want to do the conversation as well because of the price on the truck and miles. Did you every find some good information on doing a conversation?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
There's a fella who uses the name "davester" on various forums. On another forum he provided a blow-by-blow account of his conversion from 2wd to 4wd. It's not trivial!! It wasn't a Duramax, but a lot of it is similar. Try a google search for: Converting '04 Sierra 3500 from 2wd to 4wd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts