Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

06 Duramax Questions from a newbie

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  duramax06 
#1 ·
We are looking to buy a 06 Black Ext Cab Duramax 2500. Whats yalls opinion on this truck? Does an 06 have the LBZ? What is the horsepower and torqe rating? We have a 24ft trailer. With the equipment on it, it weighs around 14k. We only pull maybe once a month. Will this truck handle that load ok? Its a automatic. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
That truck will handle the that camper with ease....it won't even break a sweat. As far as knowing what engine is in the truck...Look at the VIN number...If it has a D in the 8th digit, it is a LBZ.....if it has a 2, it is LLY. IIRC the power rating for the LBZ for that year was 360 hp and 650 tq.

#3 ·
I just decoded the vin. It has the LBZ. Its a sweet truck. We are supposed to go test drive it tomorrow. I think it will be a shock compared to the 5.3 Vortec trucks that we have owned. Ive liked diesels since I was a little. Finally got dad on my side about diesels.

#5 ·
Great Truck

I just switched from a super duty and love it. The truck will handle that weight with no problems. Look for the LBZ motor.

#6 ·
ya it is defently an upgrade from the 5.3L gasser allthough they are impressive for being only a small block,i use to have one and the loads it struggled with my LBZ handles them with ease..the LBZ dynos with around 310rwhp with 590rwtqr depending on what size truck you have..

#8 ·
We just got back. Dad bought it. It surprised me how much it whistles. We love it. The gas pedal feels like its a mile long. Its awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.