Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like everyone else I really wanted to see what kind of numbers I'm getting out of my truck, and how much power my upgrades really give me. So I hit the rollers then added the 4" MBRP cool duels, down pipe back, then hit the rollers again.

Here's the scoop:
'06 LBZ, 4x4, 40,335 mile, 265/75/16 with 0 upgrades. Operating temp was 188-189 deg., All pulls in man shift 4th from 55 to 82ish mph.

BASE: 303hp; 570 ft/lb tq
After MBRP: 321.6hp; 597.75 ft/lb tq

This is the first time I have ever been on the dyno and pretty pleased with the results and numbers. My intentions are to update with every upgrade and may be willing to test other ideas and products. All comments, questions, and remarks are appreciated and thanx in advance.

Attachments

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Thats pretty damn good for just an exhaust upgrade!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Very GOOD post..not many people have back to back comparisons let alone without a programmer.

600ftlbs to the wheels is VERY respectable in a stock tuned truck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all who have replied or even looked. When I purchased the truck I hit every "search" button online and couldn't find what I was looking for. I found lots of promised performance gains but no good hard facts so I figured I would just do it so the next guy could find it. Do to a limited budget and the cost of any diesel upgrade progress will be slower then I would like.

FUTURE IDEAS:
Air box mod -vs- cold air intake
Edge-vs-PPE-vs-Superchip
After market downpipe #'s
EGR block w/ finger stick
???

I'm open to suggestions from others or even some product testing to any venders who may be reading:grinn.....just say'n and it never hurts to ask.

Again thanx in advance

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
cool post, I wouldn't mess with the canned tuners myself if I were you, I would just go EFI Live and compare tuners if you want to run comparisons

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
yeah don't waste your time and money testing different canned tuners. get some EFI from Rob

great post. I can't wait to get my exhaust done

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great post! I am a recent diesel convert and decided to go with the Edge Evolution CTS. I'm reasonably pleased with it. However, I do often wonder about EFI and wonder what I'm missing.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: Thanks to all who have responded and as with any upgarde everyone looks for two things power and fuel economy so here's mine to date.

Prior to MBRP is averaged 15.6mpg in town and the first tank since is up to 16.3mpg. These averages are calculated by hand not the idiot light on the dash and corrected for +1 tire size wich is approximately .8mpg. This tank of fuel had all dyno runs on it as well as multiple "butt" dyno runs during street testing and I do expect better averages if driven lighter.

Again thanks to all and keep the info and requests coming.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great post man, i always wished i would have done this when i changed stuff on my truck

·
Registered
432 Posts
Your getting 16.3 mpg's around town, in a mostly stock LBZ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your getting 16.3 mpg's around town, in a mostly stock LBZ?
First let me say Im sorry for the delay in updating this thread and the reason is I have some newer upgrades and was just going to do one post. Since the MBRP upgrade I ran 11 full tanks of fuel through the truck with a 16.7mpg average(lowest was 15.6, highest 17.5). All of this is in town driving and no trips longer than 50-60 miles at one time.

Upgrades now are Finger stick, EGR Block, PCV reroute. Since these addititons I have run 5 full tanks through the truck with a 16.6mpg average(lowest 15.7, highest 17.7).

At this time I just purchased the PPE Hot + 2e.t. and currently looking for a stock air box to do the PPE mod to. Once I get the box modded its going back on the rollers for a stock -v- PPE air box challenge, true test and numbers for the PPE tunner, then a street fuel mileage report.

Thanks for all the interest and Ill try and keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cool thead man, keep updating!

·
Registered
472 Posts
xs cash....very cool what your doing.ill be wating for the #s..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the post! I have been shopping around for an exhaust for mine. I was pretty much settled on the MBRP exhaust also but your post sealed the deal. I was wondering how much the exhaust would effect the mpg's. Thanks again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts