Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There’s prolly a load of forums with answers to my question but I need a quick answer!

trying to look for an aftermarket bumper for my 06 and I hate the styles that are currently out there for this year.
What other years will be a direct bolt on for the 06 (aftermarket) and that will fit the body and align with the side panels.

has anyone say, put on a 2011-2014 bumper on a LBZ

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
938 Posts
When you say aftermarket are you meaning the brush guard bumpers or factory?

·
Registered
274 Posts
truck defender.
Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2007 Silverado CCSB 4X4 LBZ 6sp
155 Posts
Look at dmax store or just google pictures in find what style you like and go down that toad. You say you don’t like the one fir the lbz yet that’s all you say you don’t give any more deals f what style
Your looking for

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look at dmax store or just google pictures in find what style you like and go down that toad. You say you don’t like the one fir the lbz yet that’s all you say you don’t give any more deals f what style
Your looking for
All I’m looking for is which year Chevy has the same bumper bolt pattern as the 06 no matter which bumper I desire on getting. And all the off-road style bumpers out on the market when you search for veh specific are to bulky where years after 2006 are more desirable make sense?

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
938 Posts
All I’m looking for is which year Chevy has the same bumper bolt pattern as the 06 no matter which bumper I desire on getting. And all the off-road style bumpers out on the market when you search for veh specific are to bulky where years after 2006 are more desirable make sense?
The 2006 or 2007 classic are the last year with how them bumpers fasten. Now that being said that frame was used till 2010 with the NBS using a different mount system. The interesting thing too is that the 2011 frame design change still uses the 2010 style mounting bracket. So if you would want to use a newer body style bumper you would need to cut your mounts off the frame and use the newer style brackets. The next thing would be how the design would fit with grille and fenders and so forth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 2006 or 2007 classic are the last year with how them bumpers fasten. Now that being said that frame was used till 2010 with the NBS using a different mount system. The interesting thing too is that the 2011 frame design change still uses the 2010 style mounting bracket. So if you would want to use a newer body style bumper you would need to cut your mounts off the frame and use the newer style brackets. The next thing would be how the design would fit with grille and fenders and so forth.
Awesome that’s what I was looking for thanks bud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts