Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s the best programmer out for the lbz? he wants tons of power and lots of smoke.

thanks for any advise

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just remember lots of power and smoke = transmission slipping. Its not just as simple as plug in the biggest, baddest chip and race. You ask Tyreboyz. He is up for some more upgrades here soon.

That said, your options include

PPE
Diablosport
Edge
Superchips
Hypertech
Bully Dog
BD

I would go with either the PPE if you can afford it, or the Diablosport. The diablo is very reasonably priced and makes good power.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Just remember lots of power and smoke = transmission slipping. Its not just as simple as plug in the biggest, baddest chip and race. You ask Tyreboyz. He is up for some more upgrades here soon.

That said, your options include

PPE
Diablosport
Edge
Superchips
Hypertech
Bully Dog
BD

I would go with either the PPE if you can afford it, or the Diablosport. The diablo is very reasonably priced and makes good power.
just like dieselnut said i'm getting a new tranny here real soon:drink :fart if you plan on running the stock tranny i wouldn't run more then 100hp to 150hp unless you plan on buying a new tranny.......almost forgot,the allison tranny is an amazing tranny and will put a real fight up before it quits,but putting an addictional 350hp is just to much for any stock tranny...best of luck to you and your new toys:Di love the ppe but if you plan on saveing the stock tranny don't get the real big ppe if you do you won't resist the temptation:rof

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i noticed it won't throw a whole lot of smoke under a 200hp setting,but having that many hp you'd better plan on doing a tranny upgrade

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If he wants to do it right the first time, a Suncoast stage IV upgrade kit if he is somewhat handy, or a stage V fully built trans. Spendy, but get it done and forget about it. He can do some shift kit and valve body mods, as well as a converter to help it along, but this is a band aid. Again, watch and learn from those in that position. Either way, Suncoast is the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a dodge guy and am new to the chevys, but was wandering about the PPE stuff for the dmax. I know for a dodge, ppe makes some crazy claims like 300+hp for their programmer. I have enough knowledge and common sense to know that a chip of any kind can't make 600-700hp. Its just not possible. how do they work as far as making good power on a stock automatic. I'm gonna do my friends 2006 auto truck next week. Not sure on what to use. I was hoping maybe there was on chip that dominated on the chevys. With the dodges, the Smarty programmer is taking the market over it looks like. But I guess I'll keep reading for a few days before making my decicion. Thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts