Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I have an '06 LBZ with S&B intake, MBRP 4" turbo back, EGR blocked and Edge Evo CTS Race. Truck is my daily driver and Edge is set on level 3 which if I remember correctly is 95HP. I dont abuse my truck but do like to get on it once in a while (probably never had it at WOT though). My question is, running level 3, should I be looking at tranny upgrades as well? I would not mind doing a Transgo Jr. but have no idea where to take it to have it done here in central IA. Just dont want to run into trouble later becasue I have been pushing my limits. And yes, I drop down to leve 2 (tow tune) when towing.

Also, should I be looking into lift pumps too?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
686 Posts
06 6 speed tranny is good for 100 hp tune , trans go kit for sure, watch ur 4-5-6 shifts the most, - ur good to go

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yea back when I had my edge it was on lvl 5 everyday without issues! You will definetly be fine with lvl 3 especially if you have never hot WOT. that being said... Put your damn foot into it for once!!! Haha

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
idk the six speed can hold alot, i was scared like crazy when i first got my truck and i ran my quad on 70hp, but then i got the itch so i bumped it to 90hp, then i got it dynoed and loved the3 440hp it put down on 110hp and i kept hot rodding it for a few months on the 110 tune, then i got a 150hp tune from rob and i dog my truck everytime im driving it. i have done 3 wot downshifts from 75 mph on the highway and it has not limped once( knock on wood) i bought my truck used so UNLESS its built and i don't know about it the 06 is pretty solid

·
Registered
404 Posts
good to know! I run my PPE on 160HP as my daily driver. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time! Hope to keep it as reliable as possible!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts