Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the diesel world. Looking at a 4 inch turbo back exhaust first,will I get codes when doing this exhaust change . Will this mod mess with my warranty?I read that some have blocked egr and added finger stick, and rerouted pcv hose. Where is the egr valve at onmy 06 lly,where do you run the pcv hose to when you reroute? where does a finger stick go and what does it do is there wiring you have to do or will it plug into factory wire harness. love the truck don't want to hurt it . scott:gearjamin

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
The finger stick has to be hard wired into the egr harness. And the blocker goes at the rear of the long Stainless steel tube on the top pass. side of the engine. youll have to loosen the 2 reward facing bolts there and just slide it in!! AS for the warrenty the dealer wont ever know about the plate or stick unless they have to tear it apart for something else! and as for the exhaust it all depends on your dealer if they will say anything about it,but even still to deny claim they have to prove that the mod caused the problem to deny warrenty!

Also you will get egr codes when removing the cat but the stick will solve that!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Maybe teh duals are queter? I installed MBRP duals on a customers 06 and you almost can't tell its got exhasut on it. We still need to pull the cat, so maybe thats it? i can't see the cat making that much of a difference.

I dunno.:confused:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
the cat will make a huge diff in sound. I ran my side pipe for a while with a cat and it wasent much louder than stock! then i removed the cat and now it sounds awesome, but its also loud!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
the cat will make a huge diff in sound. I ran my side pipe for a while with a cat and it wasent much louder than stock! then i removed the cat and now it sounds awesome, but its also loud!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeap, my truck is also loud being catless. The dealer here in town are assholes. The said the stacks would void the warrenty so i went to another dealer. They could care less.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Stacks rock!

We did the off road front pipe on my buddies 06 LBZ and the only place it was louder was when he was getting on it hard. Cruise it was about the same. Idle is amazing on these trucks. 4" exhasut from the turbo back and they still sound stock idling in the driveway! No worries about letting the truck warm up at 4am in the neighborhood! My cummins would wake a few people up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts