Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Co worker just picked up a 06 GMC this afternoon, I did not care for that style. Looks a like the fords. The only part that I liked was the built in mirror for blind spot. Talk about a blind spot on a long bed :eek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
They're growing on me...I would install the west-coast style mirrors, but I dont like the idea of the holes being drilled in the side of my door.

I really hate the shaking/vibration of the mirrors I have now so im keeping a look out for a wrecked '06 that I can pull the mirrors off and Install on my '05

·
Registered
16 Posts
my 04 has the extendable nice mirrors on it, i think they look nicer than the ford looking ones but i shoulder check like a crazy women when i drive, i can't see anything beside me! Hubby has an 06 with the other mirrors and he loves them you can see everything way better and they're awsome to tow the trailer with. the mirrow on the bottom of them is great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jonathan

Hi,
We have a 2005 Kodiak that is equiped as a tow truck. When we recently changed over the original mirrors (big ones) to put on the smaller ones. When this was done, there was a spring inside the chassis behind the mirrror attachment plate that shot out and almost killed someone. Has anyone had a similar experience or know of other situations like this where the spring that is apparently part of the mirror assembly shoots out like a gun? Any help would be appreciated. A guy in my shop has skull fractures and really bad brain damage from this thing. I want to find out about other events like this to help him out.
Thanks,
Jonathan Rice
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts