Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 06 duramax completely stock. I bought a readylift leveling kit for it and it still doesn't sit level. The keys are fully cranked as well. What do I have to do to make it sit perfectly level?
Here's a picture of it the day I bought it.

And how it sits now.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Looks pretty level to me...but in the first pic it looks like you have an extra helper spring, or possibly a small block. The rear definitely looks higher than some others. Buy a real suspension if you wanna be level with a good ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to lift it, not because I'm cheap but because I like the leveling kit height. Yeah I was thinking about that that there might be an extra block in the back.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Off topic, but what wheels do ya got on there?

·
Registered
19,070 Posts
If there is a block in the rear, take it out and then you will be level. Might have to lower front down a bit as well

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
What size tire? How's your cv angles? I could only imagine it's a bumpy ride in there.

·
Registered
685 Posts
dumb question but may solve your problem, are your tbolts all the way in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're 33" duratracs. Idk about the cv angles though cause Idk what they're supposed to look like lol. The ride actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm sorry I'm still new to the duramax but when you say tbolts do you mean torsion keys?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah. New keys just allow more lift when you screw in the bolts but you still gotta screw them in all the way if you want the desired lift. Theyre made to be adjustable.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Theyre obviosly gonna be bad angles its a stock front end with leveling keys you dont expect thrm to be flat. Unless you do a drop lift any 2-3" level will have bad angles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah keys are cranked. Thanks for the pics I'll have to look tomorrow to see how my angles look. Would cognito Ucas help level at all?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yeah keys are cranked. Thanks for the pics I'll have to look tomorrow to see how my angles look. Would cognito Ucas help level at all?
They will not fix cv angles... but they will fix the upper control arm angle which will give you a better ride. They are well worth the money.,, I've had 3 sets!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts