Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I start the truck it'll idle great with no noticeable haze for a max of 20 seconds. Then it'll do a short "lope cycle" literally like I flip to a lope tune for 3 seconds then flip back but after that lope cycle the blue haze comes on bad. Its definitely raw fuel. I noticed when I had my torque app on rail pressure was 6k before the lope, after the lope it would drop to 5kish and stay there. balance rates are listed below.I did replace #7 with a low mileage used one and wouldn't get more than a block before I'd cover the whole road in white smoke, bad fuel knock, and the truck would shut off and not re-start until i put the one I took out back in. Then it'll run like it does now (lope & blue haze) but I can drive it all day. 3,6,& def 7 are out of spec but are they that far out that they'd cause a lot of haze? And, whats causing the lope? I can say that it hazes a lot less if I drain the filter and fill it back up with 100% stanadyne until the concentration get diluted again with incoming fuel.

#1: -1.7
#2: 1.7
#3:-2.5
#4 -1.2
#5: .5
#6: -2.5
#7: 4.2
#8: 1.3

·
Registered
207 Posts
i would try the gm injector cleaner first and see if that helps...i use the stanadyne treatment all the time since new and no problems...if the injector cleaner dosent work then it time for injectors....scott...i notesed that u have a 2006...is that ally or lbz the reason i ask is that the lly has a harness problem by the alternator were the wires break or rub through.... and needs to be ice picked search ice pick here and you will see what to do...scott

·
Registered
385 Posts
06 is an LBZ motor. It is exactly the same. Only reason it has an LLY title is due to the de-tuning. Other than that 06 "LLY" engines are exactly the same as the LBZ.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already ran the gm cleaner through it and didn't get any change. It's just odd to me that I get zero haze until the truck runs that short lope cycle. As soon as it's done with that is when the blue haze comes on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea, I'm definitely sure it's not the vanes cycling. I'll take a video tonight and post it if I can figure out how to do that! I know all of these haze a bit with the CAT deleted but I don't think mine is within the "normal lbz haze" group.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here are a few videos from tonight. The first one is of the weird lope. You can hear it at around 33 seconds. It doesn't haze real bad in this because the fuel filter is full of 100% stanadyne. The second video taken from under the truck looking back at the exhaust is after it was idling for 5 minutes or more to show the normal amount of haze after the stanadyne in the filter was diluted enough with incoming fuel. Is that lope coming from a bad tune? Truck doesn't have efi live, or any type of canned tuner that came with it. Doesn't rule out one of the plug in, re-flash, and unplug style tuners though I guess.

Lope cycle video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou0w54_IO4g

Idle Haze Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0naSuoSHZLE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my bad, changed both to pubic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well my lbz hazes almost as bad as urs it always has so I really wouldn't worry about that but I have no idea what that lope is

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The lope is whats got me confused lol. The haze isn't a huge deal, what bothers me is mine doesn't haze a bit until after that lope. Does yours haze right from startup?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right around two minutes 10 seconds on the lope video it sounds like your veins close but they never reopen So could be a possible turbo vain position sensor or something to do with your turbo

Yep, I thought that was odd too. Its always done that as well. Takes that long for them to close, and they never move again at idle. Come up to a light, they're closed like that. Rev it up, idle comes back down and they're closed until I shut it off, and restart it. Then itll wait another 2 minutes to close 'em back up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How many miles are on your truck ?sounds like could be possible faulty or bad turbo vein actuator but I would say it's definitely something to do with your turbo if your veins are never closing and opening it should be about 3 to 5 second cycle and that's it? Engine light on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's got 335k on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes engine light is on for a few glow plugs, and I've got a trans code P0960 for a shift solenoid and a U0100 lost communication with ecm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not deleted , just blocked

·
Registered
144 Posts
My 2003 Ram with the HEMI had the same kind of a lope, and it was always about 15 seconds after firing it up and would do it for 3-6 seconds or so then stop. Never figured out why, but never was a problem either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.