Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first race since the new efi live tuning. raced my brothers 2006 megacab his mods are smarty 90hp tune, afe intake manifold, afe intake, airdog 150, and mbrp 5"...my truck a crewcab just has a 5" mbrp and efi live dsp5 from Duramaxtuner. We both have 6" of lift too with 35s
We started on a roll about 50 and the trucks stayed right close neck and neck til around 100 an he started pullin hard in his next gear then we let out. i was about at his driver door...i was runnin the 130hp tune. i was hoping i woulda gotten him but his truck from the factory was a nasty truck my truck almost felt like it ran outta gear lol anyway i was pretty happy bout it. but then again he is my brother an im never gonna be happy losing to him lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
Why 50?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really didnt wanna race from 50 id rather be alot slower and race but i was jus followin him an thought eh what the hell lets see what its got...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
were both on stock trannys as well so ya think id have him from a dig if we both done a boosted launch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right understood what all parts do i have to put on to do a good boosted launch...either way at a slower speed it should be a better race?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh an by the way everyone of the guys i hang out with have cummins an im the only outcast lol so it would be nice to be on top of all of my buddies trucks if i win my bro has the fastest...and my other buddy has a 6.7 with all his emissions off 5" MBRP an H&S Race and airdog 150 but its a 6spd w a southbend so he would have to run thru his gears...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why was your brother only running a 90 hp tune? He should also download TNT programming, it runs so much better on my truck. I would of thought that your larger EFI tune would of beat the Mega cab. I currently run almost the same truck as your brother. No lift just a level kit and 35's, also 90 hp injectors and a HTS built tranny. Thinking of selling it this fall and coming back to a 2011 Duramax. If possible you should both do your transmissions, best mod I did.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Also make sure you hit the tow haul button also to lock the TC that help alot!!!!....Also if you good at it pull it down in manual and shift with the tap button..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why was your brother only running a 90 hp tune? He should also download TNT programming, it runs so much better on my truck. I would of thought that your larger EFI tune would of beat the Mega cab. I currently run almost the same truck as your brother. No lift just a level kit and 35's, also 90 hp injectors and a HTS built tranny. Thinking of selling it this fall and coming back to a 2011 Duramax. If possible you should both do your transmissions, best mod I did.
He has the TNT on his smarty jus dont want to run anything higher than that bc hes worried of tranny issues we both def wanna build our trannys in the future but like you said i figured i woulda had him to. surely the lift pump would help him some lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also make sure you hit the tow haul button also to lock the TC that help alot!!!!....Also if you good at it pull it down in manual and shift with the tap button..
i will def hit the towhaul next time but i jus get into the race so much and forget to push the + button lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe the smallest TNT tune starts at 100 hp and goes up to 230 hp. These numbers are at the rear wheels, and could be more or less hp depending on your other mods. I have never tried the 230 hp tune because I only have a stock CP3 pump and am positive I would run out of fuel. I run TNT lvl 7, timing on 3. Tq management on 2. Great power and fuel mileage but to much SMOKE for me. Forgot in my last post I also run a Industrial Injection Silver 62 Turbo which pulls pretty hard for a 62.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Whats with all this bs talk about a smarty?!
With a real efi live tune and a tranny to hold it you'd make any smarty cummins look gay..tell him to get efilive, it's out for the cummins now and the tunes are getting mean! My brother has been playing with tunes from multiple people. The good efi tunes he has are WAY better than the smarty TNT tunes. It's only the beginning too. I also hangout with a group of cummins owners, as well as a few psd owners, mine is the fastest with the least mods.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats with all this bs talk about a smarty?!
With a real efi live tune and a tranny to hold it you'd make any smarty cummins look gay..tell him to get efilive, it's out for the cummins now and the tunes are getting mean! My brother has been playing with tunes from multiple people. The good efi tunes he has are WAY better than the smarty TNT tunes. It's only the beginning too. I also hangout with a group of cummins owners, as well as a few psd owners, mine is the fastest with the least mods.
I also have the V2 so he is def wantin to check out EFI his smarty smokes alot in his 90hp tune but it runs so good and shifts great for the stock tranny an what little mods he has done...im hopin to get some more small mods soon then get a tranny so i can turn up the tune a lil bit:)

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
^^you can save his smarty tunes on efi live by reading them off his truck, then return the truck back to stock with the smarty and sell the smarty. That way he still has smarty tuning and more money!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^you can save his smarty tunes on efi live by reading them off his truck, then return the truck back to stock with the smarty and sell the smarty. That way he still has smarty tuning and more money!
Wow that is awesome he oughta owe me some money for that then huh lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so how would i fare against my friends 6.7 cummins from a roll about 10 or twenty or dig?

·
Registered
296 Posts
You'll beat the 6.7. You should have beat the Mega if he was on the lowest TNT. TNT runs damn good, but the lower levels aren't as good as the higher levels (obviously)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts