Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 2500 HD with 67,000 miles. I have a 6" RCD kit that was put on in the last 10K miles. The truck has 285 wheels. From reading on here it sounds like the steering parts are starting to wear. I called the shop that put on my 6" RCD lift and they want over $600 to put on a new idler/pitman arms. I was looking at the kit below, is this something the weekend mechanic can do? Is this what I want to fix the issues? Will this work with a 6" RCD lift?

Moog Idler/Pitman Arms & Support Kit Package
Moog Idler/Pitman Arms & Support Kit Package [Idler / pitman & support] - $379.99 : DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource

·
BAD ASS LBZ that is
633 Posts
i just put that kit on today. its not to hard but i have a lift i dont know if i would try to tackle it in the driveway. its a little tricky geting the OEM stuff off but once its off puting the new on and installing the brackets is easy. If you do it yourself you will need a pitman arm puller and you have to unbolt the steering box from the frame to get the puller on the pitman. You will have to heat the pitman arm to get it off. If you use a pry bar and put pressure on the pitman and idler arm where they go through the centerlink and smack them with a hammer a couple times they should break loose but if the truck is on the ground that is going to be hard to do.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I have an 06 2500 HD with 67,000 miles. I have a 6" RCD kit that was put on in the last 10K miles. The truck has 285 wheels. From reading on here it sounds like the steering parts are starting to wear. I called the shop that put on my 6" RCD lift and they want over $600 to put on a new idler/pitman arms. I was looking at the kit below, is this something the weekend mechanic can do? Is this what I want to fix the issues? Will this work with a 6" RCD lift?

Moog Idler/Pitman Arms & Support Kit Package
Moog Idler/Pitman Arms & Support Kit Package [Idler / pitman & support] - $379.99 : DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource

This kit will work great with your lift, we have a how to instal link listed with the kit on our website.
:drink

1 - 4 of 4 Posts