Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower two tranny cooler lines a leaking on my 06 CC dually. Dealer is ordering replacements. Lots of posts regarding others with same problems I have noticed. Any one else want to comment? Truck has 12,500 miles. I know that they will replace lines with the same type and will most likley be leaking again in the future and I can promise I will be back for replacements even after my warranty runs out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just saw this post. Sometimes on my 06 I smell anti-freeze. It comes and goes. I have yet to see where it's coming from. Maybe i'll take a closer look at the tranny lines

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just saw this post. Sometimes on my 06 I smell anti-freeze. It comes and goes. I have yet to see where it's coming from. Maybe i'll take a closer look at the tranny lines
No Coolant in the trans cooler, or lines, just tranny fluid. I would look for your coolant leak elsewhere.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I replaced a set of tranny cooler lines a week on the dmaxs. Its a very common problem.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I replaced a set of tranny cooler lines a week on the dmaxs. Its a very common problem.
did you notice if the high idle was engaged on the leaky ones...just taking notes,heard that when the hi-idle is activated,the leaks tend to be worse??

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I still havent seen any difference on the leaking ones that I have tested at the dealership after I heard that. I put them into High idle and see no difference at all.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
look to see if the customer already has the high idle activated when ya'll take it in,maybe you could make a note of that???Looks as if the line crimps are junk though,IDK,just an idea??:)

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
yeah that crimp isnt the best...I think I have been lucky so far.(knock on wood) My buddy has an 08 and he just had to have his replaced and he only has 2500 miles on it BUT it has been really cold here too......-30F to -50F!!

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine are leaking as well, high idle was off on it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mine were leaking also. Took it to the stealer and had it fixed. They did verify it is common, but no recall as of yet. Line was $52 and 2 1/2 hrs labor but I got them down to 1 1/2 hrs.

·
Dmax 4M 4EVER!
53 Posts
Mine too

06 LBZ Started leaking at 34,000, took it in under warranty, and it looks like they just recrimped the lines somehow, they were just as old and dirty looking when I picked it up as when I dropped it off, but it doesnt leak anymore, and by the papers it looks like they charged the factory for new ones....

High idle is always on, and its gonna leak more on high idle, thats a no-brainer....more rpms = more psi

·
Registered
225 Posts
They "ordered" the new lines for mine. I will get the truck back tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 07 classic just leaked at 54000 miles, i've had high idle on, but i can't see how that would hurt a high pressure hose?!?!?!?! Dealer wanted $140.00 to install, so I paid $52.00 for the hose and done it myself, but even the new one isn't crimped the right way so i'm sure it will leak again in the future!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Heres my story..... I bought my truck out of Oklahoma from a stealership. Sight unseen. They told me it had a transmission coolant line leak and that they would replace the line before I purchased it. I took their word for it and got the truck. Drove it 4 1/2 hours home only to realize that they hadn't fixed the leak at all. They wrapped the lines with those blue shop rags and then spliced a rubber house and zip tied it around the lines. Needless to say within 2 days the lines were leaking again, so I called them and raised hell. They had me take it to a local stealership to have it repaired and they paid for the new lines/labor. $500.00. You wouldnt think that a stealership would try to get one over on you like that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just went and bought 3 new lines from the dealer, and am having them (fixed) at a hydraulic hose shop. They said the crimps were the same as you would use on ac lines. Hopefully I won't have to replace them again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got my truck bad from the stealer today. Holy hell I was mad when I got it....

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
I was working under the truck today and noticed that I too have a leaky tranny line
25K on the truck and it doesnt get below 30 here, guess its just keeping the rust away

1 - 20 of 27 Posts