Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done an 07-09 burb conversion? Do I have to with go with an LMM setup or can I still do a LBZ if I wanted. Just didn't know how much the wire harnesses and what not changed between years? I am looking for a 4X4 burb in the 03-09 range with a good body, all the ones I have found so far are rusted out. I like the body style of the burbs 07 and newer but would be fine with an older one provided the body is good.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone done an 07-09 burb conversion? Do I have to with go with an LMM setup or can I still do a LBZ if I wanted. Just didn't know how much the wire harnesses and what not changed between years? I am looking for a 4X4 burb in the 03-09 range with a good body, all the ones I have found so far are rusted out. I like the body style of the burbs 07 and newer but would be fine with an older one provided the body is good.
You should check the Frankenstein section on Dieselplace.com. There is a lot of information and it will wet your appetite.
check post #33 this thread in the Dieselplace.com.
Eric over at Duraburb in Apopka, FL turns out 1 each week. Check out his Youtube channel with this link.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure how much time and money I want to put into the project. If I could get into a 06 or 07 for $20-25k I am all for it. I will have to do some research for a while before I jump into it, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Seach "Duraburb" -- they are in Florida and that is all they do-! Clean factory looking set-up. Lots of hits on Google.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You say your looking at 06 or 07 SUV's

they are radically different so first you need to decide SUV, then that dictates drivetrain

the LBZ works in 03-06 and the LMM for the 07-10

the LML GEN I is for 11-14 and the LML GEN II is 2015-up

typical cost of the 2007 LT3 turn key is 45K+, the 03-06 can be had around 25K

the 03-06 can be built DIY with no special tools but the 2007-UP can not, it will require far more intensive wiring and GM franchise level programming to keep it from being a driveway ornament.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You say your looking at 06 or 07 SUV's

they are radically different so first you need to decide SUV, then that dictates drivetrain

the LBZ works in 03-06 and the LMM for the 07-10

the LML GEN I is for 11-14 and the LML GEN II is 2015-up

typical cost of the 2007 LT3 turn key is 45K+, the 03-06 can be had around 25K

the 03-06 can be built DIY with no special tools but the 2007-UP can not, it will require far more intensive wiring and GM franchise level programming to keep it from being a driveway ornament.
Good to know, we drove several 09-10 1500 burbs with gassers in them and for the money they were wanting for them $28k-35k with 75k-125k miles it seemed a little much to me, I was not impressed with the 5.3L, the 6.2L was okay but most of those were in the $30k or better. We like the 07 and newer body style on the burbs but don't have $45k to spend on one. I will probably start looking for a 05-06 burb and do the conversion myself.

When you say 45K does that include burb, loaner vehicle and all the costs?

25k would be more in my ball park. can you give me more details on how the process works, what I would supply, timeframe that sort of thing?? Thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts