Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07.5 4 WD Not engaging. No light in switch. Anybody have info on testing switch with DMM? Also anyone have info on changing encoder on transfer case 4 wd motor?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can't seem to find the wiring schematic. ....
If you have no light, stay with the fuse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you can look in your glove box and tell me which rpo code you have I can send you a schematic.
NR3. NQF. NQG. NQH

·
Registered
17 Posts
It sounds like you Have a shorted wire. I would check the 1342. Follow the harness from fuse block to the tcm. And see if you can find anywhere that has rubbed through.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am sure it is, but I don't have a tech 2 code reader and not paying $200 for a code read.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did order new rotary switch from dealership for $23.00. So waiting to anything further til that comes in. Ohms in each position were a minimum of 250 to 1k ohms lower than specified.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Still no 4wd. Replace switch ohmed out bad, transfer case control motor, and transfer case motor, and 4wd actuator. Fuses checked no bad but layout doesn't seem to match manuals. Checked all connectors I can find. Anyone know grounding points? Or any parts other than transfer case? Vin is 1GCHK23677F558203. At my wits ends.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts