Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dads 2007.5 duramax just got new tires yesterday and he noticed it pulled to the right. he took it to chevy and they did an alignment and it changed nothing. the tires are not defective either. what could it possibly be?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
costco just swapped the tires around and we test ran it down the highway twice. (they installed the tires)
STOCK truck %100

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
idler pitman arms???? i know mine pulled to the right real bad and when i took it in for alignment they told me my idler pitman arm was trashed and replaced it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
so did they swap the front tires to the back? when i did alignments sometime the tires would have a conistity issue and this would create a drift or pull. we would swap the front tires side to side and this would correct the problem. also if the road has a big crown in the middle the person doing the alignment should have adjusted for those types of roads. more common up north for melting snow, and water to run off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. swapped front tires left to right and right to left - Made problem worse (supposidly, i doubt it:cookoo[1]:)
2. then swapped the right front with the right back - nothing changed, still pulling to right.
dad thinks costco jacked something up in the front end to pull the truck to the right.
going to dealer tomarow morning for them to diagnose

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
What brand & model r the tires?
Probably defective tire like said before.

·
Registered
434 Posts
do you have the spes on the alignmnet? I do alignments every day. Let me know what is that will tell you why it pulls. If they changed the tires all around and it still pulls right then it's probly the alignment. But some tires grab the road differnt and that can be it too. But it can be somewhat fixed with cross caster.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have performed many alignments. I have found many shops (dealerships included) seem to forget about doing a proper test drive, both to verify the pulling complaint and to verify the correction. I have also found that with certain brands of tires there is a slight variation in the mold of the tire. Look at the Dot number on the sidewall and see if the tires are all turned so the complete number (ending in four numbers) is either all out or all in. I have seen many times where one tire dot date is in and opposite tire it is out and the vehicle would pull no matter how much you tweek the alignment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts