Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 2007 classic ccsb duramax. I currently own a 05 6.0 powerstroke not to familiar with the dmax can anyone give me a heads up on what kinda problems I will encounter it has about 130,000 kms or 80,000 miles. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
As long as it has been well maintained there should be no huge problems. The LBZ 6 speed are great trucks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trucks been babied. Recently had a triple dog bullydog put on it. So I'm thinking it should be safe. I had my 6.0 for a year and had to dump 7600 into it. Dont wanna have the same problem

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Do it! Sell the bully dog. Get PPE or EFI. Few simple mods and you will have a beast!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Simple list to make it reliable
EGR block
PCV reroute
Upgrade factory tranny cooler lines (factory ones leak ask me how I know LOL)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just so sick of the powerstroke. The duramax is such a nicer truck and I'm sure it would eat a 6.0 no problem lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
without a doubt man. Ive watched a couple of my friends dump stupid amounts of money into their 6.0's all for the same problems... egr, head gaskets, oil cooler, high pressure pumps. They all have the same problems.

You WILL NOT regret switchin to dmax... not to mention you have to wait ten minutes for the glowplugs every time you start the truck. DMAX maybe 3-4 seconds tops.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
^^^x2 with all above. I went from a 6.0 to my LBZ and even stock dmax will beat any 6.0. Just do the basics EGR block, PCV reroute, TB exhaust and deff go EFI. Smart choice switching over:thumb

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys I really wanna switch now. So the truck is a 2007 ccsb lbz with a 6 inch tough country lift 20s and 35 Mickey thompsons around 130,000 kms and full load. Is 35,000 cdn to steep the truck is in amazing shape. How long do the lbz engines run?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You don't need to worry about the engine, but the trans won't last forever.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Do it!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
do it and dont look back!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've only got about 56,000 miles but haven't had a single engine/tranny problem. Truck has been to the dealer once about a year ago for a slightly leaky sunroof. A friend of mine has a 6.0 powerstroke and he has been left on the side of the road more than a few times....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you'll really enjoy your new toy! My biggest improvement was installing my Transgo Jr. kit. Peace of mind if nothing else. Then I started really getting into playing with the engine. Man, can this thing run! before anything else is done I'm having a Suncoast G-Max kit installed. The shift kit is already in and some other mods as I'm making some good numbers with the horsepower. LBZ engines are tough!
I play at the strip and on the street and also pull my 42' horse trailer all over the mid-west and I don't worry about anything. My wife keeps asking me if I've looked back lately to make sure the trailer is still there,lol. Oh, and 15.5 mpg under load at 70 mph. it's in the tuning.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is paying 35,000 cdn unreal for the truck with 137,000kms on it..? It's such a great truck but idk of I got ripped off

1 - 20 of 25 Posts