Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post a thread to express my aggrivation with chevrolet at this point. I just bought a brand new duramax and its already in the shop 4 days after I bought it. I had service warnings of every kind showing up on the dash and all my electronics were going crazy. The diagnosis was a bad computer so my dealer is having to replace it. I'm sure the truck will return back to its solid shape and performance, but this is the second Chevy I've owned and both were familiar with the dealership shortly thereafter the purchase. The truck though... I love it and I'm sure there are many enjoyable miles to come in my new unit. Take care!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
thats sad..you have good and bad in all brands.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, I guess your truck was a friday truck, parts and all. Hopefully this will be your only time in there for a very long time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please don't say its a lemon... mercy that would not be good. Hopefully this new computer will set the thing straight and it will live up to the "like a rock" slogan chevrolet uses. My only concern is that my last truck had electrical issues and so did my dad's last chevy truck. I simply bought the truck for the powertrain, not because it was a chevy or because of the brand. I'm not strictly a ford, chevy or dodge person, I buy what I feel like will suit my needs and which make is the most proven at the time. The Duramax just made me comfortable, but if I continue having problems with this truck I will never touch a chevrolet again!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Please don't say its a lemon... mercy that would not be good. Hopefully this new computer will set the thing straight and it will live up to the "like a rock" slogan chevrolet uses. My only concern is that my last truck had electrical issues and so did my dad's last chevy truck. I simply bought the truck for the powertrain, not because it was a chevy or because of the brand. I'm not strictly a ford, chevy or dodge person, I buy what I feel like will suit my needs and which make is the most proven at the time. The Duramax just made me comfortable, but if I continue having problems with this truck I will never touch a chevrolet again!
please don't say that but i understand what you mean and i respect that and thats why our family no longer drives dodges so good luck and i hope they figure it out for ya..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts