Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 GMC Duramax 2500. It recently started going in limp mode and sets low fuel rail pressure code. The check engine light comes on and the change fuel filter light comes on. I have changed the fuel filter 6 times lately. Also I have Changed the fuel filter housing and the water in fuel sensor. I clear the light after I change the filter and it goes out for a few miles then back on. There are no modifications on it. Also when I change the fuel filter it is almost empty. If I bleed the system out every time this happens it lasts for a few miles and then back to limp mode again! I do not have a ppe fuel pressure tester to test the fuel pressure yet. I was kinda wondering if anyone else has this problem?? Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I don't know alot about it, but it sounds like the rail relief valve may be stuck half open.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
CP3 taking a poop?

·
Registered
421 Posts
we have been having the same thing with a 07 gmc duramax. but it only does it when we tow. when using the tow/haul mode it really gets bad. we even added 2 shims and still did it. i think the owner added the third shim, and we hope that takes care of it. it also does it when the temp is above 70 degrees outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts