Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , new to the site and have a question.
I have a 07 new body style hd LTZ. Sometimes it runs rich , you can smell the fumes and see the blue smoke roll around the truck when stopped. Like today ,I always reset my MPG. It was showing 14.0 I drove 3.4 miles in my neighborhood at 35 mph. I watched my gpm. drop down to 13.1 in that distance. This a duramax motor with 61000 k .It doesnt do it all the time but when it does you know because you can smell and see the results.I had a superchips cortex but took it out last month thinking that was the problem.Anyone have any ideas ? No engine lights. Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
NBS? Probably the regen. Don't know about blue smoke though. Mines at the dealer right now because of a leak somewhere causing the smell during regen to enter the cab!

·
Registered
69 Posts
You are seeing the results of an active regen cycle for the dpf. Stop reseting the mileage so much and see what you have average over or 1000 miles. DPF will kick in on average once every tank or tank and a half.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Welcome........that is a regen,diesels don't run rich.....the more fuel you add the more HP the diesel engine makes.....[to an extent].

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.