Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2007 LBZ with 48k on it, it seems when the brake pedal is depressed you can feel it clicking or kicking back so to speak, then i went to leave from a stop sign and they wouldt release until engine rpm rose, im kind of leaning toward hydro booster, it kind of seems to be an intermintent issue, but would like your guys thoughts on this

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sounds like a good diagnosis unless you are NOT talking about the brake rotors fluttering as you come to a stop. But, if you are sitting at a stop sign and feel the pulsing, then you may be right about the Hydroboost.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The fluttering rotors also ran threw my mind, but they should still release once you release the brake pedal i would think, but hydrobooster going bad wouldnt that causing steering issues aswell :confused: or maybe im looking in the wrong direction, anti lock issue maybe?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Are you feeling the pulsing when you are rolling or stopped?

If the pulsing is when you are rolling, it could be rotors. A sticking caliper piston could be causing the rotor to warp due to excessive heat build-up. The piston could also be causing the pad to be sticking out on the rotor until you roll it forward and the rotor's warp forces the piston back in.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will do it when you roll up to a stop sign, but the pedal will get firm then push down, then pulsate

·
Registered
712 Posts
If the pedal is pulsing when you are at a dead stop, then it is not the rotors you are feeling. Of course, there could be two separate problems going on. But if the wheels are not Turing, it is not the rotors. No visible fluid leaks?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No leaks and i checked the fluid level and its fine

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't get the clicking or kick back but my brake pedal does seem to pulse when stopped and still in gear. Is that normal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts