Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have an 07 Chevy D-max with the LBZ, SRW, and a nine foot Harbor body. I have a couple questions. Can I put the DRW overload spring on my truck, would air bags be a better option, and how much does a eight foot standard truck bed weigh? Thanks in advance

Casey Pozdolski
B & B Garage Door Service Co.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Harbor body weighs 1300 empty. I tow a lot and I tend to go down on the overload spring a lot. I dont know how much it sags once it hits that sppring, I just know that I go down to it a lot. Thats why I was wondering about the extra overload that the DRW's have. And, if its possible to put it on a SRW 3500. What kind of bags do you reccomend?

·
Registered
699 Posts
i'm glad i'm not the only one, i was startin to feel stupid, i have a 06 3500 srw that i pull a 36' g-neck and been trying to find this out. it's frikkin annoying the drw gets these standard and the srw doesn't even have the option. i saw a used truck that was an 05 6.0 ecb srw 3500 but it had overload springs in the back like the drw, the only thing is it looked like all factory added stuff the way the u-bolts and bumpers had been wrenched on but the spring it's self was flatter than what ive seen on the drw. the truck only had 4500 miles on it and 305's on stock rims soo i doubt they worked it that had. i'll get back to ya if i find out more

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would go witht the firestone airbag kit. you can pump up and release from inside the cab and they have a high rating and pressuere capacity

·
Registered
93 Posts
i would go witht the firestone airbag kit. you can pump up and release from inside the cab and they have a high rating and pressuere capacity
I was just fixing to recommend the firestone kit when i saw your post. The kit will give better adjustabilty than a overload spring. When you are not loaded your truck will still handle fairly well, as towmaster said. Once you put the overload spring on, your kind of stuck with how the truck will ride and handle.
Airide ™ spring air suspension - Firestone Industrial Products This will tell you more

·
Registered
699 Posts
upper overload springs do not ride on the bumpers all the time, only when the truck is loaded with enough wieght to hit them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts