Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to figure out why my 07 lbz has no throttle response at certain times. It is like the pedal is disconnected at times. Press way down and it finally picks up and goes like mad. hooked up my PPE and ran the real time data scanning and I have on TPS reading any thoughts? It it my PPE or do I have a TPS problem. I have no codes showing.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Change the fuel filter first

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Mine does it too, like Im at a stop sign try to go nothing than all of a sudden I'm peelin out sideways as hell

No, not really but it does have a long pause than takes off enough to throw you in the seat

EDIT: I have an LBZ too fwiw

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
It may be related to EGR function, and MAF fuel limiting. It has been a long time since I tested a stock tune, but this may get you going in some direction

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Could you explain your thinkings? I'm not calling you wrong, jsut wondering. I think its just a lazy signal its getting. Some times my speedometer wont show I'm moving till about 10-15 either

And then theres always that stomp 123 thread on DD, where you punch the throttle wait 1 2 3 seconds then it finally goes.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I know I have experienced that also. I just can't remember, I tuned it out but don't remember what it may have been.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would say MAF prob or EGR like Killer said.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I had 76 lbs across the board on my MAF for a bit too hoping to tune around it, but all that did was smoke abit more

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update still not right

Changed the fuel filter first. Does not seem to have helped. Should I put on one of the new style Raycor filters? Put stock tune back in and sent programmer back to PPE for evaluation. They said it should read the TPS sensor and mine is not. PPE was also locking up in realtime data mode. Would have to unplug and restart to get data logging running. Thanks again for all ideas, I have a 5000 mi trip planned this summer and need to get this thing fixed. Does anyone know if fingerstick connections could cause any problems. My stick was removed and the wires soldered back together just wondering if this could cause my problem. Stick has been off for over a year with no issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Changed filter no help

Changed fuel filter no help. Should I change to the new style filter? PPE data logging not working properly. Locking up and not showing tps reading. Reset to stock and sent programmer to PPE for evaluation. Could old fingerstick connections cause this problem. Connections are soldered and stick has been off for over a year. Thanks again for all help and advice.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
PPE was also locking up in realtime data mode. Would have to unplug and restart to get data logging running.
My Quadzilla always did that, and just yesterday had my V2 freeze some of the pids. That may be normal, or could be a side effect of our problem. That makes me thing its still a communication error or slight signal delay.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speedo jumps to 15MPH not moving reving engine

Doing a little troubleshooting this morning revved up engine and at 2500 RPM speedo jumps to 10-15 MPH sitting still. Does this consistently at the same engine RPM, any Ideas?

Stock tune is in computer, sitting still with trans in park.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts